The ClearWay system provides a way of automatically detecting incidents, including stopped vehicles, people and debris on Highways and in Tunnels. It uses high frequency radar to scan the whole road surface, both up and down stream.
The radar detects and then tracking software, which also forms part of the ClearWay solution, will follow both moving and stationary objects. Objects that are stationary or designated as people are sent to an alarm generation process and should they remain for long enough, the road or tunnel operators are notified. A single radar can cover several hundred metres of road surface; it is largely unaffected by changing weather conditions or bright sunlight. ClearWay has been successfully used in tunnels, across multi-lane highways and for hard shoulder (Emergency Lane) monitoring.
Navtech Radar offers a range of ClearWay radar activated solutions for various detection ranges. These include, for example, a solution where the radar sensor employs an advanced beam pattern that maximises detection at long ranges, as well as around the base of the device. The TS350-X is designated for use when the sensor is mounted high up on a gantry or on a motorway or tunnel wall.
ClearWay Features and Benefits
- Accurate monitoring of traffic flow
- Continuous vehicle tracking
- All lane coverage in both directions with one sensor
- Detects moving and stationary vehicles
- Detects debris, people and vehicles in the emergency lane
- Option to automatically control CCTV
- All weather 24 hour operation, unaffected by rain, fog or dust
- "Fit and forget" - low maintenance, rugged design
- High resolution, stable performance - no re-calibration required
- Unaffected by bright sunlight or shadows
- Low false alarm rates